Showing Your Cat
All TICA shows have the following competitive classes:
- Kittens - Pedigreed kittens four months old, but not yet eight months old
- Championship Cats - Pedigreed, unaltered cats at least eight months old of a pedigreed breed
- Alters - Pedigreed, altered (spayed or neutered) cats at least eight months old of a pedigreed breed
- Household Pet Kittens - Non-pedigreed (or pedigreed, but not meeting the breed standard) kittens four months
old, but not yet eight months old
- Household Pet Adults - Non-pedigreed (or pedigreed, but not meeting the breed standard) at least eight months
- New Breed or Color - Cats at least four months old of a breed not yet recognized for championship competition,
or of a recognized breed, but in a color not recognized for championship competition
To show your cat you will need:
- To enter your cat in the show. Usually the very latest you can enter is about one week before the show. You
will need to obtain an entry form (the entry clerk for any show can mail you the entry information and form), fill
out the form and sent it to the entry clerk along with your entry fees. At almost all TICA shows you may enter
for one day only or both days.
- "Cage Curtains" - material sufficent to cover the top, bottom and three sides of the cage where your
cat will stay when not actually being judged. The show information will have the specific measurements for the
cages in each show, but mostly cages in the Southwest Region are ___________
- A small litter pan. Most shows will provide you with litter once you arrive.
- Food for your cat, and a water dish. You may wish to bring water from home, so your cat has access to the water
he/she is used to.
Before the show:
At the show:
- Be ready to have a great time and meet wonderful new friends!
If you have any questions CLICK HERE to email an experienced exhibitor, or just let the entry clerk know you
are new and need some additional information.